In our family we looooove bacon?. Like seriously, no joke. We could have it with pretty much everything possible (?).
So, when I came across this paleo recipe online; I thought to myself “I’M MAKING THIS TOMORRROW!!!”
Even our daugther who is 1 year old loves this recipe. It is that GOOD baby!!
Want it????!! Of course you do ?!
Here it is:
• 6 slices sugar-free, nitrate-free bacon
• 1 onion, finely diced
• 1/2 tablespoons salt
• 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
• dash cayenne pepper
• 5 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
• 2 pounds sweet potatoes (2-3 large), peeled, quartered lengthwise, and sliced thin
• 4 cups chicken broth
• 1 cup water
• garnish: fresh or dried chives
• Cut bacon into 1/4-inch slices and place in a cold soup pot.
• Heat the pot over medium-high heat and cook the bacon until it’s crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to a plate covered with paper towels and set aside to drain and crisp.
• Keep 1 tablespoon of the fat in the pan and discard the rest. Re-heat the fat over medium-high heat, then add the onions, salt, pepper, and cayenne.
• Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are soft, about 5-7 minutes. Toss in the garlic and stir, cooking until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the sweet potatoes, broth, and water to the pot.
• Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer, cover, and cook until the potatoes are tender, about 10-15 minutes.
• Working in batches and being careful (please be careful, friends!), purée the soup in a food processor or blender until it’s smooth. Return to the pot, taste, and adjust seasonings. Ladle into bowls, then sprinkle with a little bacon and chives. Both the bacon and soup hold up well in the fridge for a few days.
Loved it?? For the love of bacon? Share the recipe with your friends and family ?❤️!